ROLE OF VENDOR’S ADVOCATE
- Negotiate the agent’s commission
- Interview a number of local agents and ensure that you are happy with the final choice
- Determine the type of sale, for example auction, private sale or sale by set date
- Review buyer’s interests on a weekly basis
- Attend pre-auction meetings
- Attend on auction day
- Participate in the negotiation process for private sale or sale by set date
- Check advertising proofs and make amendments where necessary to the cost of advertising
- Provide advice on preparing your property for sale
- Ensure that the Vendor’s Statement is prepared promptly (as property cannot be sold without it)
- Provide you with comparative sale results, if necessary, to determine the current market value of your property
- Assist with accepting offers and the settlement process
- Motivate the agent to get you the best possible price.
BENEFITS OF USING A VENDOR’S ADVOCATE
- Our knowledge of the real estate industry reduces the stress of selling and provides you confidence in making the right choice of agent.
- With a Buyer’s Advocate involved we the interview local agents and there is less likelihood of agents inflating the value of the property to obtain the listing.
- Not all agents provide the same level of service and advice (choosing the right agent for your property is crucial to secure a successful sale).
- The service is free of charge as our fee is taken from the selling agents commission. If you do not sell the property there is no charge.